- Arcana ... Orchestral synth work and sublime choir arrangements
- Behemoth ... A VERY tasty preview of what to expect from Behemoth's next effort
- Bishop of Hexen ... I'd venture to call it dark ballroom.
- Devourment ... It's these guys' first effort and a damn good one at that
- Die Krupps ... The guitar sound of Die Krupps is both unique and incredibly heavy
- Dimmu Borgir ... Melodic with a strong keyboard influence
- Eternal Suffering ... One can never get enough raw brutal death metal
- Fear Factory ... interesting and work[s] well with the concept of the album
- Filthboy ... bit of atmosphere allow[s] me to use the term Gothic Industrial
- Gomorra ... the true emotional feel comes from the subtle atmosphere created by the interlacing of the various sounds
- Hate Machine ... provides a change by not actually making any changes
- Hell-Born ... early Morbid Angel-style death/war metal
- Lord Kaos ... drawing on influences from such genre luminaries as Emperor
- Megadeth ... This album represents a progression from "Youthanasia"
- Nile ... Nile plays some amazingly nice and fast death metal
- Osmose ... This seems to be a case of quantity which mostly lacks quality
- Sadistik Execution ... DEATH FUCKING METAL!!! FUCKING SHIT!
- Skullcrusher ... Some solid riffs and aggressive music
- Tulus ... Thirty-one minutes of twisted genius
- Urgehal ... mating of Behemoth's relentless brutality with Hellhammer/early-Celtic-Frost
- Vitamin F ... Vitamin F delivers a slightly alternative feeling metal